Monday, February 4, 2013

Water Coloring

I have been meaning to send a thank you card to my Colorado Sister's parent's for sending some amazing homemade chocolates all the way to Hawaii.  My Colorado Mom sends them every year for Christmas and I've been procrastinating.  I didn't know where to begin in designing a thank you card for her so when I came upon The Play Date Cafe through reading other bloggers' posts I thought this was perfect inspiration...


The color combination was beautiful and I thought the only way I could get it close was to watercolor!  I used a bunch of Tim Holtz Distress Markers (a very nice Christmas gift from the hubby) and some water and a brush and went at it.


This is my first post watercoloring (don't judge me too harshly...hehehe) and it was sooo much fun!  I will definitely have to do this more often.  I simply stamped and heat embossed the Hero Arts Hand Drawn Flower and painted away.  I needed bling so placed a few canary-ish rhinestones near the sentiment and on the bow. 

Thank You for stopping by!

(I didn't want the blog to be too long, but if there are any questions on how this was specifically done I would definitely get back to ya!)

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love how the flower centre pop because of the card base and your watercolouring is fab! Love the gems around the sentiment too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!