Thursday, February 28, 2013

Girlfriends stick together

The last Freshly Made Sketch had me so stumped that I was determined to tackle this week's Freshly Made Sketches.  When I read that Tui wanted to showcase some larger stamps I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to watercolor.  I had this little cutie (Inky Antics: Girlfriends) just waiting to be loved up with some ink and watercoloring!  Here's the sketch...


And here's my take...


These ladies were so fun to watercolor...felt like a kid again...only using some grown up Distress Markers and fancy water pen!  Made the flower trim using a Martha Stewart punch and alternated different sized pearls to the centers.  I absolutely LOVE the sentiment and hope this card gives someone a good laugh!

Here's the closeup...


Now I really have to go to bed with 2 long days of work ahead of me...g'night!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, too funny! Love the image and LOVE the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sentiment totally made me giggle! Great job coloring those lovely ladies! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your great blog. That sentiment cracks me up. Have a Scrap Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I just got this stamp set and another of the same collection of ladies, aren't they the funniest! Can't wait to ink them up. This is great! Your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!