Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Just Golden

I am loving Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger! It spoke elegance and beauty and was definitely a challenge for me because I do not do either...hehehe.  My style is definitely more on the whimsy side, but I felt the need to figure it out. 

I loved the hint of sparkle and neutral colors and knew vellum had to be incorporated in my card as well as hints of gold and silver.  Here's my take...


I had this beautiful Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder by Judi Kins to stamp out the Hero Arts Flower on vellum and fussy cut.  Then took some jewelry wire and shaped them for that touch of whimsy.  Added some metal rhinestones and the sentiment popped up on more vellum.  The card base is this beautiful gold Wausau Paper in their Royal Metallics collection.  The background paper is  from Lawn Fawn's Fa La La Collection.

Here's another view trying to capture the subtle sheen of the gold...


And a closeup...


Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. wow, this is lovely...hope you have a great day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly gorgeous! I think you paired the perfect stamp and paper, a marriage made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the gold embossing with the vellum! :) So pretty!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Niki! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and elegant card and great take on the Trigger! I love the gold embossing on vellum.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!