Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love Embraced

On to more challenges!  This is so addicting my hubby is sketching ideas down for me to create some fun cards.  I've been wanting to try Runway Inspired Challenge, but have been quite intimidated since I do not have any sense of fashion myself...hehehe.  Here's the inspiration photo:


I am also going to enter this card to CAS-ual Fridays: CFC 88 Love Letters
Here is my interpretation below:


 I loved that hot pink pop of color and adored her strappy sandals! I used the suitcase colors to inspire the card base and front.  Took some hemp twine and braided away to create the "strappy" look and used Lawn Fawn's Claire's ABCs to create the sentiment.

And for a closer look...


Finally a card I'm quite proud of!  Happy Hump Day!!

6 comments:

  1. What a super sweet card....love the sentiment "embraced" by the hemp...super creative and wonderful take on that inspiration photo!! You are right to be proud of your card, wonderful!! Love the quote at the top of your blog...powerful:)!! So happy that you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET card! I love the use of twines an embossed folder! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is right up my alley! so edgy and CAS and well pretty too! thanks for playing RIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever card! It's perfect for Valentine's Day without being over-the-top girly (and that's tough to achieve with a big pink heart! hehe). I love your card- Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Niki, for the Fashionista win at RIC! You are on fire!! This is so well-deserved; your card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!