Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hugs to You

I love to give cards to my patients, especially when they are discouraged and trying to get through their treatments.  I used Runway Inspired Challenge #30 Erdem to help design one.


I was inspired by the colors and patterns and loved that yellow dress!  I used the Hero Arts Envelope Liner to get the stripey/plaid look and die cut the center to create the navy blue window.  Wanted a window of some sort since the models were standing next to one.  Then white heat embossed the sentiment.  Added some roses made from strips of pink and blue cardstock.  Wanted to use ribbon, but didn't have the right shade.  I think they turned out pretty good!

Here's a closeup


And the inspiration photo


So trendy!  I only wish I had fashion sense like this...hehe!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on the inspiration! Love your background... the envelope liner has been on my 'want' list for a very long time.... maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love how you interpreted the yellow dress into your background! The flowers are lovely too, and look so pretty nestled there at the bottom of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly LOVELY!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Runway Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you made the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!