Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The mail came!

I have to admit that my hubby spoils me.  I've been eagerly awaiting some new goodies he ordered for me online and it came today! I didn't even know where to begin because when I get new crafting goodies I can just stare at them for hours not even thinking about what I'm going to do with them.  Just staring and oogling over cute stuff...my hubby points out I didn't even say thank you...oops...I was too busy staring!

Anyway I had some challenges I wanted to enter and ended up combining them because it all worked out that way!  Gotta love that.  My first attempt with the 10 minute Craft Dash was super fun so I thought I'd join in again.  Also since the colors were similar to this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: She's Krafty and Just my Type I'll enter there as well.


I'm in LOVE with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves Die!  Is it not thee most gorgeous.die.ever?!  To save on time I just ran dark kraft, light kraft and sky blue cardstock through 1 pass of the entire leaf die and made several cutouts that I will end up using on later cards.



Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves Die, LF Yeti Set Go (sentiment), LF Stitched Journaling Card Die, Neenah Creative Cardstock, AC Dark Kraft, Light Kraft and Sky cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Distress Ink Vintage Photo

This is my completed card in 9 minutes and 48 seconds! It literally took me 4 minutes and 32 seconds to cut the leaves, stitched journaling card, card base and distress the edges and FOOOORRREVERRRRRR (said in slow motion) to get the leaves the way I wanted them.  I'm still not satisfied, but time was ticking!

That's it for me...thank you hubby!!!

13 comments:

  1. love it! How fun that you get to play with new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeee those leaves!!! Gotta love happy mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card and i am so jealous.. mine has not come yet..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this leaf die,will have to go and check it out.... your card turned out really pretty... My hubby spoils me rotten too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new goodies! And a hubby who spoils you! Love the layered, textured leaves and how fun you could cover several challenges! Perfect card, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read that your hubby spoils you with craft material :)
    This card is super cute, love the new leaves dies and how you used them.
    Thanks for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love it!
    Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!
    And your husband sounds like a keeper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Love those stitched leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, your hubby sounds great!!! Love the natural look to your card - great dies too!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, what a nice hubby : ) Anyone who supports our hobby/spending deserves a lot of credit! Love the colors on your leaves, they all go together so well. Thanks again for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and time saving tip. Love the leaves and all the distressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice hubby & what a lovely card! Love all the kraft. Thanks for playing at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect for autumn time. Love the different leafs. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!