Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I really should be packing...

I couldn't help but fit in a little more crafting before it's packed up!  It takes approximately 14 hours to get from here to Minneapolis and anxious to get in a few challenges!

I made this card with my parents in mind.  They'll be celebrating their 40th Anniversary!  I used 3 challenges to spark my mojo.  Moxie Fab World:  All that Glitters is Gold, using a sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch and colors by Runway Inspired Challenge


These are some hand colored embellies that started off white.   The top pic is a pearlized white butterfly stick pin (removed the pin) and colored with copic and embellished with bling! The second pic is a prima flower dipped in Danube Blue ink and Delicata Golden Glitz ink.

And the card...

Stamps of Life Swirls2Build, Hero Arts CL342 (sentiment), gold rhinestones, Memento Ink in Danube Blue, Delicata Golden Glitz ink, clear embossing powder

 
Kept it pretty simple with a gold card based and vellum overlay with some navy blue and gold sheer ribbon. 
The sketch and inspiration photo...


All right now I reeeeeeally have to go pack.  Mahalo for stopping by!  I'll definitely be sharing some pics of Scrapfest so stay tuned!

12 comments:

  1. Love the blues and the sparkly effects... I'm sure your Mom & Dad will be so proud to receive this card you made for them... It will be in their keepsake box for many years to come....
    Enjoy your trip, and happy shopping... Think of me and the rest that will be drooling with all the fun new crafty shopping you will be doing, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...so happy for you to be going to Scrapfest, Niki! I was there last year and loved it! Wish we could have met at Scrapfest! ENJOY! Your card is absolutely lovely, Niki! I love the pattern and colors and you used here! Great job with that ribbon! So glad that you took the time to join the fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the flourishes!!! Have a safe trip and have sooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty!! Your parents will love this card!! I love the combo blue/gold!!
    Have fun at the Scrapfest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card for your folks...happy anniversary to them!

    I've always wanted to go to Scrapfest! Have a super fun time and take pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is gorgeous.. Happy Anniversary to your parents..40 years is awesome.. love this card...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL Niki! Love what you did with flourishes! Thank you for playing with us at CASE this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack! I'm thinking I should get in the car and drive to Minneapolis to see you! :) Have a fun time at Scrapfest!! And wow, the embossing is fabulous! I love the colors. Congrats to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, very pretty!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your customized embellies, Niki! Nice job combining a sketch with a photo inspiration ... that's not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gorgeous shine from your embossing. So lovely! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Niki! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Gitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!