Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Crafty Day

What a great day it's been!  The hubby has been taking care of the kiddos while I've been (*wink, wink) trying to clean up the craft room.  Nothing like cleaning up when an inspiration image comes to mind and (*sigh) the cleaning must stop...hahaha!

I've been wanting to try Distress Paint for a while and finally broke down buying 1 bottle in Picket Fence.  What was I going to do with it you ask?  I had no idea, up until now!  I was inspired by the rainbow of colors in the next Pinspired Challenge and thought I'd also enter Moxie Fab World: Color Media Challenge.  I'm hoping Distress Paint counts as a type of media?!

Fresh Squeezed Stamps Weather Through, Fresh Squeezed Stamps Subway Series: Basic, Distress Paint in Picket Fence, Memento inks in Lady Bug, Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Bahama Blue, Danube Blue and Lilac Posies, Washi Tape, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Hero Arts paper flower, Doodlebug Sprinkles in bubblegum, white embossing powder, Kraft cardstock, Kraft Core Shattered Collection in black


I LOVE the effect!  The down side...waiting for the paint to dry!  I loved the layered effect of stamping on the paint, then the rainbow rays and then the subway stamp...totally fun...and why not throw a bit of washi in there too!

Here's the Pinspiration...


Mahalo for stopping by!!!


12 comments:

  1. Great color combo, and love the touch of those washi tapes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! LOVING those colors, the sentiment and the washi tape!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this came out amazing.. love how you added the distress paint.. I bet you want more now.. heehee.. thanks for joining us at PINspired Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fun card, Niki! Love the effect of that distress paint- I have a bottle too, but haven't actually used it... I think I'll have to open it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh oh oh I love how you were PINspired to make this card Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki, this card is so cool!! Love it! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Niki! I did a wonderful job on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the paint...love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous!!! LOVE!
    Thanks for playing along with Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fab! Love how you used the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Niki! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!