Thursday, April 24, 2014

Storybook Birthday

Hi there!  I made some time to make another card using the latest Avery Elle release!  This time I used the Storybook set with matching dies (I'm a sucker for stamps and matching dies!) and can I just say there are soooo many sweet possibilities.

Here's what I came up with...


using the latest AEIHeartUChallenge as inspiration


So a few techniques on this card...I first die cut the circle and white heat embossed the grass and duck.  I colored in the little beak and feet with a copic and then used a Versamark pen to color it in to add clear embossing powder and then heat set.  I did this in order to keep my duck white and be able to color my background with distress inks.  I wanted my balloons to stick out and white heat embossed, die cut and added glossy accents to them.  They were foam taped on.  I wanted them to appear more raised which is why I ended up making the duck more a part of the background scene and allowing the balloons to shine...literally...hehe

The sentiment was cut using the die from the Custom Panels die set and stamping the sentiment from Handwritten Notes (it has a cool font).  Added some twine and there ya have it!

I'm gonna slip this one into the next Simon Says Wednesday Challenge as well.

Mahalo for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! LOVING the duck and the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute, I'm inking mine up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how totally cute.. love that duck.. and such a cute little scene you created.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. The embossed paisley pattern looks awesome and I love the duck image and balloons. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic look! I love how white the duck is and all that gorgeous coloring from the distress inks. Also loving the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE!! Love your use of stamp and colors, Niki! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super-cute, glossy duck! Good idea to give him a coat so he doesn't get dirty : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is such a Neat Card!! I LOVE the Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Niki! That paisley embossing folder gives your card a super nice background. Sweet image too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you white embossed the images--such a neat idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Avery Elle's Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card- love the soft colors! Thank you so much for playing along with the AEI{heart}U Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!