Monday, April 14, 2014

Picking Up the Pieces Vol. 20: Watercoloring with Avery Elle

Happy Monday!  This is the first time...in a long time...I'm super happy the weekend is over!  Work has been crazy and being the oncall nurse has been even crazier.  I do love my job, but after several long days of not having a lunch, I'm beat!

Now on to my happy card...

Avery Elle Write It, Avery Elle Custom Panels Die, Tim Holtz Splatters Stencil, Clear Embossing powder, 
Distress Markers, Distress Ink Weathered Wood,Hero Arts India Ink Black


I was in love with the latest Avery Elle release...have you seen it!?  I placed my orders on release day (to make sure they didn't run out) and received it in the mail in 2 days!  Talk about speedy service!!  

The scripty font and the fabulous Custom Panels Dies were a MUST HAVE...of course among a few other sets that I hope to play with soon!

So I just traced over the words with distress markers and went over them with a water pen to bleed the colors. Then used the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil to create the background and die cut that funky panel.  I loved the look of the fountain pen so I just stamped a bunch of them and clear embossed to give it a slicker look.

I was inspired by the next Retro Sketches


I'll also be entering again in Virginia's View Challenge: Stencils.  If you haven't checked out her challenge...you must!  She has fabulous tips and inspiration every month and it truly motivates you to give it a try.

Mahalo for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the pens, the splatters and the multi-colored sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love the multicolored sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wee this is amazing.. totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have convinced me to get the AE stamps, Niki!! Your sample is is darling! I love the sentiment with a swish of water and colors! That TH Splatter stencil is perfect for this design! Thanks so much for playing Virgina's View Challenge! You are so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I bought most of the Avery Elle set and received my order today. I probably won't get to crafting with them until this weekend, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Niki! Love the splatters of paint.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!