Monday, April 7, 2014

Special Thanks!


I'm screaming from Hawaii...can you hear me!?
I could not believe it when I received 
the most amazing e-mail 
from thee Holly Anderson of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking 
magazine!
I've been chosen as an honorable mention for the 10th annual Stamping Royalty
amongst some INCREDIBLE paper crafters.
Me?!?
So my card will be published in the July edition of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking and I'm hoping it'll get your attention enough to vote!
I would sure appreciate it!

I want to thank all the lovely people that visit my blog and the amazing comments you all leave me!
It is because of you all that I had the courage to take the chance and submit. 
The card below is to show my sincerest gratitude...

Hero Arts Bubble Confetti stencil, Simon Says Stamps Thanks Word Die,
 Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers
white embossing powder, black cardstock and Wink of Stella clear glitter pen


This was a fun one to do!  I used the stencil and a sponge dauber inked with Versamark to create the panel and cover in white embossing powder then heat set. 
I took the different distress inks and created the emboss resist distress background.
Then I placed the panel onto the card base along with the stencil to match the pattern.  Taking the same distress ink colors to match the area, sponge daubered inside the stencil to create the surrounding card panel.
Fun and easy!

Have you checked out the 2nd challenge for Virginia's View? It's all about stencils and I'll be entering this card in it.  Also entering A Blog Named Hero: Build a Background....


As always MAHALO for stopping by and I hope you'll check out my Honorable Mention Card in Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine in July and vote!!!

14 comments:

  1. YOU GO, GIRL!!!! Congrats, Niki! I knew you are going places...I knew it! So happy for your SR HM! Congrats! And your stencil work is utterly delightful! What a cool way to create this lovely background! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's view Challenge! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki gorgeous card and YAY big congrats to you sweet friend.. Going to vote now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant going to vote for you.. :) you rock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!! Congrats Niki!! ^.^
    I'll be sure to vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge huge huge CONGRATS!!!!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING those colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot woot! Congrats, Niki! So happy for you! And I LOVE your card--such fun, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so awesome,Niki!! Congrats!!! Your card is awesome! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You work hard so you deserve the honor. Congrats! Your polka dot thank you card is amazing......how'd you do it? Just kidding, I'll read your post again.....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Niki! Congratulations!
    Great card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, did you hear ME screaming all the way from Chicago?!? I am SO STINKIN' EXCITED for you Niki!! You totally deserve it, and I absolutely can't wait to see your card in print!! You go girl : )

    Awesome positive/negative look on your card here. It's a fun one to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congrats Niki! I will look out for your card! Love the way that you have used the stencil on this card - so fun :). Thanks for playing along at A a Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the effect you did on this card! It's very bold and colorful, the way I like it :) Thanks for taking part of the challenge at ABNH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Niki! Big congratulations for being chosen as SR Honorable Mention. I would love to vote, but honestly, I don't know how. I'll have to investigate :).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!