Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mini Tags using Lawn Fawn Goodies

I was scrambling around the craft room last night trying to make some tags for my son's preschool Easter party today.  I think the teacher's know us parents really well and decided to hold the party after Easter to give us a little extra time to make goody bags.

My mom knitted these cute little chickadees that hold a plastic egg in it's belly.  I thought it was the cutest thing and of course she made me one in my favorite TEAL color...with sparkles!


She offered to make 43 of 'em for both her grandkids to pass out at school.  Of course I waited til the last minute to make some tags, but thought they were totally worth the fussy cutting!


See the little plastic egg all nestled in the chickadee?!  Cute right!  I wanted them all protected so the hubby helped with packaging them by adding grass and a few chocolates.


I thought I'd enter this in the next Lawnscaping Challenge...


...since I made a bunch of mini tags using My Silly Valentine for the paper pieced bunny and the Tag, You're It dies.  The bunny's tail was colored in with a snow marker and heat set to create a fluffy texture and the heart colored in with a distress marker.  Just added some foam tape and a reinforcer out of the same pattern paper from Hello Sunshine paper pad.  The Birthday Tags set has a fabulous "to" and "from" and I added that to the back.  Then tied on some Lawn Trimmings in coral and voila...sweet little tags!

Mahalo for stopping by and I'll be back again soon!

7 comments:

  1. These are ADORABLE!!!! I love the chicks your Mom made and those tags you made are tooooooooooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a-dorable! What a fun idea and those knit chicks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww how cute.. your mom made those??? how totally fun.. love those tags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great gift you and your family put together! I'm a new follower! :)
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I can't believe your mom made so many of those, how sweet is she!?! That pattern is a classic one ... my grandma crocheted me a duck exactly the same about 30 years ago! Great project with lots of love : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!
    Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!