Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Getting into the routine

Hello...I'm writing quickly since it's getting late and I wanted to get some kind of crafting time in.  So the kiddos are officially on a schedule, but I'm exhausted!  As I'm putting the kids to bed I'm ready to join them...lol.  I'm thinking it's an emotional kind of exhaustion with my kids growing up and my son not so excited to go to preschool.  I'm hanging in there though and reminding myself that this phase will pass...cross my fingers.

I wanted to join the next Lawnscaping Challenge: One Layer using inspiration of colors and pattern from the next Runway Inspired Challenge

Lawn Fawn Summertime Charm, LF Sophie's Sentiments, LF Bannerific, LF Belinda's Borders, Memento Inks in Rose Bud, Lilac Posies, Grape Jelly, London Fog and Tuxedo Black, Color Box ink in Bubblegum

Talk about a challenge because I had to stop myself from adding rhinestones or twine!  I used the negative space of a die cut flower as a mask and stamped away, also masking off the banner. Framed everything using LFs Belinda's Borders and there you have it...a one layer card!

 Here's the RIC photo...


Mahalo for stopping by!  

9 comments:

  1. Just LOVE this card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    Hope to see you again next challenge
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic! I love the stitched border framing the entire card, and masking is always a great idea on a 1-layer card! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've masked the card...gorgeous work.
    Hang in there Momma...this too shall pass:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS masking!!!! This is a great card!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty! thanks for joining us at lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love this, Niki! Not only that it's for TWO challenges, it is also a one layer! Thanks so much for playing with us at Runway Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you excelled at making a one-layer card look anything but flat! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!