Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cloudy Skies

Happy Wednesday everyone!  It's my day off and I've got a ton of errands to run, but not before I enter the newest challenge on the block...Seize the Sketch

I loved the angle, but couldn't figure out keeping the lines.  Everything I tried from washi tape to border stamps...for some reason just didn't feel right.  I decided to turn the sketch upside down and the light bulb came on!  Here's what I came up with...

Fresh Squeezed Stamps Weather Through, Darice Lattice Embossing Folder, Memento Ink in Danube Blue, Dandelion, London Fog and Tuxedo Black, ColorBox Sky Blue ink, American Crafts Soho Garden Pattern Paper

Here's the sketch...





Thanks for stopping by.  Come back tomorrow where I'll have another post with Paper Made Bakery 
as this month's Guest Designer!

12 comments:

  1. I am loving this card!! So great nice little twist on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Niki, those striking lightning bolts are awesome and how cute is your paper piece umbrella under those adorable clouds....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sketch turned upside down! What a great idea and I just love those clouds. Really creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the sketch! Love your composition! The placement of clouds and sentiment are fabulous! Hope you are having a great day, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interpretation of the sketch! Love the clouds and the theme of your sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love this card. What a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! I love all the detail you included in the card--that lattice background is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you changed up the sketch to fit your images. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card - the beauty of sketches is the way you can rotate them and make the design work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Niki, I love you take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this turned out so well, Niki! The angle plays so well in your design. Cute patterned paper for the umbrella too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!