Monday, February 15, 2016

A Fun Die with Hero Arts

With the new Hero Arts release came some really fun dies!  Today I got to play with Paper Layering Mum Flower and it is GORGEOUS!  The fun is that it only partially die cuts the flower petals and you're able to put a colored card stock behind for it to show through the lifted flower petals.  Let me show you what I mean...


See those gorgeous petals just lifting off the paper with the yellow peaking in the back?!  To color the petals I took a piece of scratch paper behind each petal and used a sponge dauber to ink them up using Hero Arts Hybrid ink in Dandelion, Tangerine and Strawberry.  I toned the Strawberry down a bit with Unicorn ink only because it is pretty vibrant!  To see these inks layered check out THIS POST.

To create the dotted background I used the Hero Arts Dot Moire Bold Print Background stamp.  I inked it up with Green Apple and used the die as a template to wipe away ink where I didn't want it.  I then laid the card panel on the stamp and rubbed it down to get the impression.  (I know it's not perfect, but still think it turned out pretty cool)  The yellow card is from Hero Arts Sunshine Layering Paper.  To create the sentiment I used the Hero Arts collab with Simon Says Stamp Prayers and die cut the word twice in the yellow and Kraft Layering Paper to create a shadow.  Then inked up the words with Caramel hybrid ink.  The die cut is popped up with Kool Tak clear Foam Tape to give a bit of dimension.

Here's the completed card...


It's been a while since I've created a card that was specifically for a challenge and will be entering this in to the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

For this beautiful die and more you can find it at a2z Scrapbooking.  They just filled their store up with some fabulous new things from the latest Hero Arts catalog.  If you purchase $25 or more you can use code NICKI15 for 15% off your entire purchase.  The best part is a portion of the proceeds goes to helping the Behcets and Celiac Disease communities.

A big MAHALO for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. niki, you've been rockin' the hero arts goodness...this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is amazing.. totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous--love the stamping with the die and the sentiment looks gold with the drop shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous! Love the way you colored the individual petals and the sentiment goes perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!