Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Sketchy Card for A Blog Named Hero

Aloha friends!
Today starts a new challenge over at 
using this 

Fun right!?
A big MAHALO to Chari Moss for the sketch!!
 
Here's my take on it...


by stamping them on watercolor paper and white heat embossing
my little scene.  I wanted the animals to look like they were holding hands.
(they represented the 3 boxes in the sketch)
The scene was watercolored with the very vibrant Gansai Tambi watercolor set.
For grounding I die cut some grass and brushed on shades of greens
to follow the blades of grass. (the scallops portion of the sketch)
I had a lot of fun coloring the banner on top 
to represent the squiggle lines in the sketch.
Tip: to make the images pop I took a light shade of blue
(from the watercolor palette) and went around all the edges to create more depth.

Here's a closeup...


So now it's your turn to show us your take on the sketch!
You may even win 


our super generous sponsor...
big MAHALO to Simon Says Stamp!

Can't wait to see what you create!  Don't forget you can even flip
the sketch vertically for a whole new design!

Mahalo for stopping by!!







6 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooo cute! LOVING the critters!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I really, really like your interpretation of the sketch. You are so talented and I love your visionary sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for watercoloring.. looks awesome.. i love your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch and a really fun card. The white embossing with water color makes it all look like an awesome dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love the adorable scene you've created using the baby party animals - i just love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!