Saturday, October 25, 2014

Mummies in 1 hour!

My daughter has choir practice every Saturday morning and Friday night, after a 12 hour shift at work, she tells me that she wants to pass out Halloween goodies to her choir.  After a big *inner sigh* the wheels start turning.  This year I haven't gone crazy over the Halloween candy (I've been a bit turned off by the prices in some of the stores) so in looking at the kids' snack stash for school, I found enough of those cookie and cracker variety packs...gotta love Costco!  Now what to do for packaging?  The hubby came up with the idea of mummies and wrapping them.  Of course I was not into using my precious white cardstock, so instead we used left over crepe paper!  Totally quick and easy.  The kids started wrapping and inking for a "dirty" look.  I had them place their googly eyes and draw in a little mouth. VOILA!  Treats for everyone in under an hour!!

I'm gonna try my luck and enter the SSS Monday Challenge: Anything Goes.

I'll be back to post more soon...I hope!


5 comments:

  1. how cute and so clever.. great idea.. totally fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great and patient Mama! Love your clever hubby's idea, Niki! I bet your daughter loves this and will remember this for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and fun idea! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Team Effort EVER.
    Such a super star family...I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!