Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hauoli la Hanau

I completely enjoy following Cath Edvalson, Trends Editor over at Paper Crafts Magazine and home of Tuesday Trigger.  This week her mom is celebrating her birthday in Hawaii and of course I had to send a Hawaiian birthday card her way!  The inspiration photo below...


I LOVED the colors and the flowers and the bird...just tweeked it to have that Hawaiian flair...hopefully her mom will smile at this!  Hauoli La Hanau (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)


I took Lawn Fawn's Say Cheese polaroid and stamped on water color paper and used a mask to stamp this cute little hula girl (this stamp is super old, a gift from my mom when I first started to stamp waaaay back in grade school!)Then I made a mask for the hula girl and stamped the palm tree in the background.  See Feeling Nostalgic for a peek at what the entire stamp looks like.  I water colored everything using Distress Markers.  To complete the look, and tie in more of the colors from the trigger photo, I used some flower punches and curled the edges using my bone folder and placed some pearls in the center.  The little hula girl also has a tiny pearl in her flower as well!  Oh and that cute little bird is from Lawn Fawn's A Birdie Told Me.  Lastly the sentiment comes from Technique Tuesdays Another Day in Paradise.

Hope the weather holds up so that all our visitors can enjoy our islands!  I feel truly blessed to call Hawaii home!

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a sweet interpretation of the trigger. Good balanced design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card. love how you masked the frame.

    btw, it's hau`oli la hanau. there is no such word as "hanou" in the hawaiian language. just thought i'd share.

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, can't believe I didn't notice that I spelled that wrong...hehe, 8-) that's what I get for writing at 2am!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World--and for helping to make my mama's birthday extra special this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!