Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dude Birthday

Did everyone survive their Monday?  After a 3 day weekend off I was getting spoiled with all my crafting time.  I made a few cards and practiced a little more with my copics.  I looooove watching Kristina Werner color.  I've been trying to study how to shade and blend and learn a little something everytime I watch her videos.

Anywho her last video was a masculine card which inspired me to make this Dude card...

Hero Arts OWH Dude, Lawn Fawn Year Three, Copics, 
Doodlebug Design Take Note Pattern Paper, 
Memento Tuxedo Black ink


I did a little masking to create a hamburger cake of sorts to make a one layer card.  I added a few candles on top to complete the cake look.  Yup...it took everything in my power not to add something dimensional, but I used the gray copic to create shadowing and a little more depth.  I'm gonna enter this into the Hero Arts: One Layer Challenge and A Blog Named Hero: Color It In.

Off to practice more coloring.  I really wish there was a copic coloring class here in Hawaii.  Until then I'll continue to watch more videos, and if anyone has suggestions on coloring videos send them my way please!

Mahalo for stopping by!!!



7 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeee the hamburgers!! Pinning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hamburger cake, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one hamburger cake to challenge eating it! LOL!
    It sure looks delish....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hamburgers! This is a perfect masculine card. Great job with the coloring! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that is one cool birthday card.. love all the burgers.. great card Niki..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never guess that this is a one layer card. You did an awesome job of adding shadows. A burger cake is definitely one that most guys would appreciate. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you got the whole coloring thing down, Niki! Lots of work, but it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!