Friday, November 22, 2013

I Believe in Embossing

YES!  It's Friday...and the best part is I'm not oncall!  This weekend I plan to spend as much time with my kiddos as possible.  They are growing too quickly for my liking.  My favorite moments are listening to them chat in the backseat about Christmas.  They are getting excited and its very contagious.  My 7 year old is on the fence about Santa, telling her brother that she believes in Santa, but thinks that moms and dads have a lot more to do with presents then Santa does.  Oh if I could just stop time and keep them believing forever!

On to my card following this week's CAS(E) this Sketch

Fresh Squeezed Stamps On Trend, Fresh Squeezed Stamps Words to Live By, Versamark, Judi Kins Diamond White embossing powder, clear embosing powder, Avery Elle Winter Blend sequins, Quickutz Santa's Sleigh


I have had that Santa's Sleigh die for years and absolutely love it!  Every year I bring it out and add him to just about every  holiday creation I can.  I thought it perfect for the sketch...


I tried to capture the bling of the sentiment...



Do you guys have any holiday item (die, embellishment, stamp, etc.) that has to be used each year during the holidays?  I'd love to hear about it! 


14 comments:

  1. Wait?!?! What?!?! of course there is a Santa ... I know I BELIEVE!!!! :) I loveeeeeeeeeee your card ... that Santa is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how STINKIN cute is this? Love the little scene you've designed! What glorious cardstock is that? I love the bumpy/texture of it. I don't tend to buy too much christmas stuff...it's odd because you all know I buy so much of all the other stuff...LOL.

    Kids do grow up so very fast, eh? The convo your kids were having reminds me of my girl, who is in college. Her friend, who is 1 year younger than her, told my girl when she was in kindergarten that there was no such thing as Santa! Her Dad told her that...GASP! I know, right?! To this day I still grumble about that. I'm really good friends with the girls Mom and always give her a bad time about that, although I know it isn't her fault :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Santa looks like his heading to Ala Moana to do some Christmas shopping, huh?
    Enjoy your weekend off and some family quality time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my heck this is SO CUTE.. i love the little santa... great designing.. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo adorable! Love that little Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a perfect take on the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute I love it! Such a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card,Niki!! I LOVE the Santa,so cute!!
    I SO know what you mean,with the kids believing forever.My girls both almost 14 and 9 don't believe anymore! :( But my 9 year old told me a few month ago ( which almost gave me teary eyes ),Mom...i know that you are the toothfairy,but let's just pretend in the future i wouldn't know,because i would miss her visits so much! That was so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little Santa element - I can see why you would want to use it often :) Love the scene you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Santa flying over the city. Perfect sentiment and embellishments too! Have a great Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing Niki! Love your fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cute little Santa. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so cute! CAS, with that little bit of dimension/texture..... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!