Monday, March 11, 2019

Color It In for A2Z Scrapbooking


Aloha friends!  I'm dusting off the ol' blog to be a guest designer for A2Z Scrapbooking...what an honor!!  I've missed being on the design team and it was the best excuse to take a break from work and get crafty!
This month's challenge is Color It In so I decided to use the Hero Arts Color Layering Dragonfly on my card today.

Instead of using the layering stamps to "color it in", I decided to heat emboss the outline stamps with Hero Arts Platinum Embossing Powder and broke out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers for a watercolor effect.  I wanted lighter, pastel colors, so I used more water.  The embossing powder edge really helps to keep the colors within the lines and also gives a pretty finish!



For my card front I used Distress Oxide Ink in Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover to add some green to the bottom and lightly pounced Distress Oxide ink in Tumbled Glass.  I used foam tape to adhere all the die cut pieces on to my card front and finished with some dash lines using a Distress Marker in Hickory Smoke and stamped the sentiment with Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Wet Cement.


That's my finished card to help encourage you all to have a fabulous week!  I hope you'll join this month's challenge and link up your project!!

Mahalo for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. The Platinum embossing looks fantastic!! And I love how you colored everything, thank you so much for being our guest designer this month Niki!! {heart}

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great!, i want to try this one too. thanks for sharing this wonderful idea

    Serenity Smiles Dentist Scottsdale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your scrap-booking ideas, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did in front with Distress Oxide Ink in Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea of you..Please keep on posting like this blog. Looks like my daughters creation!!

    Best deals at NFPA inspection software

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicely done!, i love to read another blog like this one. please keep on posting more.

    LinkHelpers Phoenix SEO

    ReplyDelete
  7. butterfly is one of my favorite collection,, also the color its my favorite. Thanks a lot for sharing this!

    Best deals at Los Algodones MX Dental


    ReplyDelete
  8. Very amazing colorful flowers and butterfly's blog.. This my favorite subject in school. Coloring animals. Please keep on posting like this.

    Best deals at Black Cloud South Bend Clutches

    ReplyDelete
  9. those design sure looks good, i would love to try this one too.

    Best deals at NFPA inspection software

    ReplyDelete
  10. very useful indeed!. my kids would love to try making those too

    Best deals at Police Interview Room System

    ReplyDelete
  11. scrapbooking is really interesting, i would love to try this one too.

    Amazing Finds at Black Cloud South Bend Diesel Clutches


    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuationAll the best for all your blogging efforts.
    formula equation

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!