Monday, March 14, 2016

Pinata Fun!


Aloha friends!  Today I'm playing with this fun wood mounted stamp from Hero Arts called Pinata.  Are you a fan of wood mounted stamps?  I think I will always have a special place in my heart for them.  This one especially because it is just too fun!


I thought of watercoloring it, or copic coloring the image, but then I thought using my embossing powders would be fun.  I first inked up the image with Versamark ink and then stamped on black cardstock.  I used a variety of Zing! embossing powders in rouge, apricot, butter, leaf and wave. Each color I spooned on with a palette knife to get just a small amount of powder in small sections of the image.


I really liked how striking it looked against the black.  I wanted to enhance the colors so I took some matching cardstock and die cut the edges using Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Border.  I thought it was a little plain once I glued the layers, so I decided to stamp an older background stamp from Hero Arts called Life of Party Words inked in Wet Cement.  Added a bit of twine and some enamel dots and adhered slightly skewed to my card front.


That's it for me today!  Have a fabulous Monday and MAHALO for stopping by!!


5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card!! Love the pinata!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun and colorful card.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy unicorn! That's a gorgeous piece. Your technique is very creative. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful kind of cards!!!Piñatas are normally connected with Mexico. Breaking a compartment loaded with treats came to Europe in the fourteenth century, where the name, from the Italian pignatta, was presented. The Spanish conveyed the European custom to Mexico, despite the fact that there were comparable conventions in Mesoamerica, for example, the Aztecs' respecting the birthday of the god Huitzilopochtli in mid December

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!