Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sending Prayers

Some of you may or may not know that I travel frequently between Oahu (the island I live on) and Hawaii (AKA the Big Island) due to work.  Hurricane Iselle ended up doing a lot of damage over on the Big Island and I have a coworker that had her house damaged by an uprooted tree.  This coworker is an amazing person and so giving. She feeds me every time I'm at the office (because she thinks nurses don't get to eat or use the bathroom...haha (sometimes true ;o)  She's bubbly and always with a positive attitude and the most humbling thing about her...she never mentioned having her house damaged by the storm, is still going to work and is still without water or electricity since Thursday!

Our office is gathering up some funds to help out and of course I needed to make a card...


inspired by the latest AEIHeartUChallenge: Kraft


Anyone else spend waaaay to long on a design?  I first stamped out the bouquet.  This Avery Elle set has the perfect sentiments, and the build-a-bouquet set is so fun to ink up with various ink colors.  Then I knew I needed a Kraft card base...then what?!  My coworker has a bit o' pizazz so I needed something sparkly...so in came the sequins.  That bit of pattern paper is from Echo Park Everyday Eclectic which has some kraft colored design to it as well.  The edges of the bouquet panel was distressed with Soft Sand ink from Hero Arts to blend in a little better with the embossed, kraft cardstock.

That's it for me.  I so appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog!  MAHALO!!

**ETA-  when uploading my card I realized a lot of people used this stamp set!  Great minds think a like and have good taste...haha**

8 comments:

  1. Pretty card Niki made with lots of Aloha. I bet your co-worker will love it. Sending prayers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card, your co-worker will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad for her .... and so sweet of you to make this for her!! I loveeeeeeee it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw how sweet of you Niki! I'm sure she will love her card. She must be in the Puna area too. It's so devastating in that area, it looks like the area got bombed. Hope they get the power up soon for them I have lots of friends that are so depressed over the situation, it's really really bad. I'm sadden by this~

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gorgeous flowers.. love this card..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have so many beautiful colored roses in your bouquet!! I was one of the ones who also used this stamp! I hope all is better for your friend...my BFF and I are planning a trip there in November, hope everything will be put back together by then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Niki! Love the sequin border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card for your coworker! I LOVE the florals + kraft. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!