Thursday, August 14, 2014

Seeing Stars

I'm back with a fun card I created using some scrap pieces left over from a card I entered for publication over at Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking.  Wondering why I try out for publication?  Scroll to the bottom of this post HERE.  Crossing my fingers and toes!

This card is going to my supervisor for her birthday.  I'm super blessed that I have an amazing supervisor to work with.  A while ago I came across this picture...


This simple picture describes my supervisor very well...the bottom is exactly how I've seen my supervisor in the 8 years that I've worked with her.  She has always led by example and never expects us to do more than she does. In the nursing field this can be pretty rare!

Back to my card...


The stars are die cut using Lawn Fawn's Puffy Star Stackables cut from the Let's Polka 6x6 pad.  I kinda just scattered them on the card and glued or foam taped the die cut pieces.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Birthday Tags that was heat embossed in silver to enter in the Creative Card Crew Challenge: Wet or Dry Emboss.  The card seemed a little too white so I added some stamped stars in silver...I wish you could see the shine!  The inside of the card's edges were swiped with some Audrey Blue ink from Simon Says Stamp to tie in the blue star on the front and it is my supervisor's favorite color.  I thought the colors were bright and summery so I'll be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

That's it for me.  Mahalo for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love the colors and the stars!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that isa awesome you respect your supervisor.. those are hard to find these days.. She will love this card.. love all those stars..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Niki! Your supervisor sounds like a gem, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Niki :-) the stars and colours are fabulous, I am sure your boss will love this.

    Fabulous picture too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is good when you work with great people.
    Love your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!