Monday, February 24, 2014

Picking Up the Pieces Vol. 15 A Shaped Card

Hello.  Today I was inspired by this sweet little gift my coworker gave me for Christmas.





I'm super surprised that it has even lasted this long because I'm not known for having a green thumb!





I love this terrarium...totally low maintenance and just gorgeous!













So Avery Elle has this fun stamp set which is totally fun to stamp out and thought I'd enter in the AEIHeartUChallenge


 It's not my typical colorful and sparkly birthday card, but I'm trying to make some gender neutral card.


Avery Elle Bottle It Up, Hero Art Shadow Inks in Passion Flower, Green Hills, Field Greens and Soft Granite, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Potter's Clay, raffia



I love the idea of using the die shape to create the bottle shaped card.  Easily done by doing a partial die cut on the fold of a card.  The stamp set comes with all those fun plants and rocks and the little cork top too!  I just tied some raffia for fun and popped up the label with some foam tape. 

Here's another look...


So that's it for me!  Have a great week and mahalo for stopping by!!


12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh your tag is beautiful! LOVING that little scene you created!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, I'm a big fan of terrariums too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty terrarium and unique bottle card....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT shape card! You have used the stamps and diecut fabulously, Niki! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally adorable! I absolutely love the gift terrarium and the card is so, so unspeakably cute! What a great idea! Really fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea, Niki! Love how you stuck with it to create your scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and original idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh my gosh!! How clever is this?!! And what a brilliant way to be inspired by something that you love - I am in awe!! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Avery Elle Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A terrarium? Genius! I love how you were inspired to create your shaped card! So happy that you joined our first challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card and love the shape.. great scene you created..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing, you clever, clever girl! I just got this set and you have inspired me to ink it up and play! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the very first AE Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ADORE this pretty bottle! Creating a shaped card.....genius!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!