Thursday, February 20, 2014

Encouragement with an Oldie but Goodie

Hello there!  I'm back with another card for the next Lawnscaping Challenge: Dust 'em Off.  I recently adopted this cute little set...




And as you all know I love paper piecing!  Another fun tidbit (because I couldn't find the right shade of yellow twine) was to take Lawn Trimmings in natural and color it up with copics.  I literally just zipped the hemp cord using the chisel side of the copic marker, and within seconds had the perfect shade I needed!  Now I need to buy more natural colored Lawn Trimmings!  I played around and also colored a rainbow one...




             SWEET RIGHT?!








I'm gonna have to find a project to put that on soon!
Ok back to my card using this week's Freshly Made Sketches...

Ta da...


Lawn Fawn Make Lemonade, Lawn Trimmings, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Studio Calico Snippets Paper Pad, copics


Sometimes my patients don't need a get well card, but more of an encouragement card...I thought something like this would be perfect.

That's it for me!   I hope you're all having a fabulous week!  Mahalo for stopping by!!!


10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh this is soooooooooooo fun! LOVING those lemons!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...super cute. I'm going to play along with one of my newly adopted sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemony sweet card! It makes me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is super cute! I love the little smiley faces on the lemons! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love the lemon paper you created for the side panels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a super sweet card and I love your tip to colour your twine! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET indeed! Love your multicolored twines! You are one smart cookie, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw so sweet! Love all the elements - definitely keeping the twine technique in mind. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! It makes me want summer to come now! I love the twine, too! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!