Monday, February 25, 2013

I (heart) RAINBOWS!

With St. Patty's Day right around the corner, I thought I'd get in the spirit, but also wanted versatility...in case I needed a card to place Happy Birthday inside or Best Wishes.  I think it could also work for a congrats card as well.  I followed this weeks CAS(E) this Sketch


I used this opportunity to jump on the sequins bandwagon...hehe.  I've been seeing a lot of sequin use and thought it perfect for exactly what I needed it to be.  I found that glue dots work perfect to secure sequins on to cardstock.  The cute little pot is actually a witch's cauldron from Inky Antics Halloween Frog stamp set.  I just heat embossed in gold on black carstock and fussy cut snipping off the little stands that were on the bottom to make it look more like a pot.  Check it out below.


And the surprise...


Just pull on the pot o' gold and SURPRISE...a gift card!  Love when cards have surprises!

So I pulled this off by placing strips of cardstock on foam tape which allows the gift card to slide in and out so easily.  Just placed a glue dot on the corner of the GC and stuck the pot of gold on.  Again kept the sentiment versatile and will add the occasion celebrated on the inside of the card.

That's it for this weekend...unfortunately not a very productive weekend, but looking forward to Wednesday (my next day off)!  Hope everyone has a great week and HAPPY MONDAY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, very clever! Definitely casing that rainbow - it's so cool and modern and such a great idea for a gift card! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the rainbow and the gift card holder idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a great idea! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!