Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Taking Flight

Here is the second card for Lawnscaping Challenge #49...




This next card design is a funny story.  My husband always has the grandest ideas for designs and I have to figure out a way to simplify them so that I can tell his story on a card. 


He liked that griffin soooo much, and as much I like this cutie too, I was worried about the coloring. So my husband sees this as a challenge (he NEVER passes up on a challenge) and decides he can color.  Above is his hilarious attempt!


So after seeing his attempt, I figure my coloring can't be that bad?!? hehehe... (I wonder if he was just playing around to make me feel better about my coloring?)

We were trying to recreate those fun aerial banners (banner from stamp set "Bannerific" shaded with a rainbow of copic markers) that planes carry through the sky, but instead of the plane we had the griffin with a cute little birthday hat from the "Hats Off to You" set.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day! 

5 comments:

  1. I am in love with that rainbow banner! This is just so bright and fun!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this is perfect! This gets my vote for sure! I love ppl who make funny scenes with Lawn Fawn stuff the best. I make my bf stamp, too. Oy vey and mahalo. My fave island is Kauai, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And love that your hubby is creative, like you! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative...!! cute griffin with the party hat.. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I enjoyed your story a lot! It's wonderful having someone supportive by your side :) Love your card, the idea is great and it makes me smile! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!