Monday, May 2, 2016

Keep Swimming with Hero Arts

Mondays need a little encouragement so today's card is just about that!


I was going for an underwater bokeh effect.  I started the background with the Hero Arts Bubble Confetti Stencil inked up on Hero Arts Sea Layering Paper using Hero Arts Unicorn ink and Hero Arts Pool to Navy Ombre Ink.  

A stitched rectangle die was used to cut white cardstock and the stencil was used again with the same ombre ink.  I needed the rectangle piece to break up all the blue and really highlight my fish and seaweed.  The stamp set is Hero Arts Color Layering Fish with coordinating dies.  The fish was inked up in Hero Arts Bold ink in Dandelion and Tangerine.  For the cool looking seaweed I used Hero Arts Lime to Forever Green ombre ink on vellum and used clear embossing powder for shine.  The sentiment is using Hero Arts Intense Black ink.


I used some foam tape on the fish and Kool Tak Foam behind the vellum pieces for dimension.

Wishing you all a great week ahead and MAHALO for stopping by!




5 comments:

  1. oh my this is too fun Niki.. totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! LOVING that fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you've done Niki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really swimmin'. So cool, especially the seaweed and bubble background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card! I love what you did with the seaweed!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!