Monday, January 18, 2016

Create your own coloring page!

Happy Monday Friends!


If you're on Facebook I would love it if you "LIKED" the A Blog Named Hero page. You'll be updated with the latest A Blog Named Hero challenges, trends and happenings with Hero Arts!  We can even interact if you ever have any questions on your Hero Arts projects!

Today I'm creating a card for the Lasting Hearts Card Drive.  When I first heard about the cause, it really tugged at my heart strings as I've experienced 2 miscarriages.  I'm definitely blessed though by my 2 little miracles and would love to share hope with the thousands of moms out there that are, or have been struggling.  Prayer was huge for me and I think the Hero Arts collab with Simon Says Stamp set Prayers is the perfect sentiment to use.  It is definitely one of my favorites!


I wanted to create my own coloring page and first started with watercolor paper and stamped the butterflies from the Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Butterflies multiple times with Versamark ink then covered with Hero Arts Silver Embossing powder and heated.  I think the embossing helps to keep my watercoloring (with Gansai Tambi 36 color set) in the lines and gives a pretty shine.  To create the blue wash I masked each butterfly with masking fluid, allowed to dry and went over it with a large brush keeping the blue heavier at the top then the bottom to allow my sentiment to stand out.  I die cut the word and adhered to vellum and stamped out the top sentiment with Hero Arts India Ink Black.  


The closeup shows the silver embossing a little better and the die cut sentiment on vellum.

For more information check out this post for the Lasting Hearts Card Drive .

Mahalo for stopping by!!





9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Those butterflies are beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really pretty! I am with you. I like this technique as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally gorgeous.. those butterflies are AMAZING..
    Happy Monday my Friend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adult coloring books are 'in' now so your card is very trendy (and beautiful). What if we start sending an uncolored greeting card with coloring pencils or pens as the gift? Then the recipient could color the card and then send it to someone else. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and for such s good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to pay it forward. Love the sweet flutter of rainbows and the vellum overlay is the perfect way to add a sentiment without covering up the colorful glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what beautiful butterflies and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!