Sunday, January 25, 2015

Wild For You

It feels like forever since I've posted!
I've been caught up with work, but I have
been working on some behind the scenes stuff and will
share once I figure a few more things out.

Today I have a card to add to the 
Valentine card pile that my male coworkers 
have been asking for.  I noticed most of my cards were pink (gasp)!
So instead I went with my favorite color...teal and my favorite animal
a peacock...

Lawn Fawn Louie's ABCs die, Lawn Fawn Let's Roll,
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, DCWV Glitzy Glitter Matstack,
white embossing powder, Faber Castell Paper Crafter Crayons


To get that fun peacock feathered background,
I used a technique called frottage in which you have a textured surface
and (in my case) a crayon to get the impression
(remember doing this back in grade school?)
I added more shades of blues, greens and even a touch of yellow
to bring out that fab gold in the die cut letters!

I thought this perfect to enter

Mahalo for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. What a cool technique! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I loveeeeee the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge with the peacock feather look ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous; I love your take on our theme! Thanks for sharing and being with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this technique looks fantastic in peacock feathers! I had no idea there was a name for it. It's just something we all did in school! Really clever, Niki!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!